Don’t Beat Yourself Up!
It’s been a while since I’ve written anything. The reason for that is because I read someone else’s blog and proclaimed that ‘I SUCK’. So I said, ”I’m not writing again until my writing improves”. Yeah, how does that happen if I don’t write? Uhm, it doesn’t. Anyways, I have something to say and I’m going to say it regardless of what I think, or anyone else for that matter.
Now that that’s out the way, here are some lessons I’ve learned within the past few months…
1. DON’T BEAT YOURSELF UP!!! What you think about yourself will either make or break you, so MAKE YOU. A lot of times we’re our worst enemy. I know I can be a complete monster to myself. Heaven forbid if I make a mistake, I will beat myself up about it for years. Who wants to live like that? Forgive yourself and move forward.
2. Stay in YOUR lane. Many times we become consumed with what some other person has, or is doing, that we completely lose sight of what we have going on. We neglect the blessings we have and start desiring what some other person has. Then we look at God and say, “When are you going to bless me?” Uhm, He’ll bless you when you STAY IN YOUR LANE. And that mean having tunnel vision. Let nothing seep in and cloud your vision.
3. Take FULL responsibility for the life you lead. This was a the most profound lesson of the year for me and I gladly accepted the responsibility. I no longer felt the need to blame someone else for the way my life turned out. My father was no longer responsible for the void that was there. My mother’s issues were no longer a reason to be pissed at the world. On that day, I stopped blaming God for my lack realizing that I’m the reason, which leads to my next point…
4. God has an abundance for you, you just have to learn to open yourself up to receiving it. Being closed off to something new is such a cheap way to live because the world has so much to offer and we choose to live in our little bubble. I challenge each of you to do something new. You should have a new experience daily. Remove that bully, which is yourself, that stops you from living.
5. And lastly, but certainly not least, LOVE GOD WITH YOUR WHOLE HEART. This was the most beautiful lesson I’ve learned this year. The bible says “above all, love God with your whole heart”. Once I got that revelation, and started loving Him with my whole heart, I realized that I ain’t lackin’ ish. I have the creator of ALL things at my side at all times. He’ll never leave me, nor forsake me. WOW! What a blessing?
I didn’t plan on writing anything today, so that’s why this post may seem a little quick and all over the place, but I don’t care because I just needed to write something. My goal is to just be FREE, because living a life on egg shells is miserable. The RULE BOOK goes out the window, starting NOW! WHEEEWWWW!!!